Changes in NEET-UG 2021 exam pattern confirmed by NTA
The National Examination cum Entrance Test (NEET) for undergraduates will be conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) on 12th September 2021. There has been a considerable delay in conducting the exams which is understandable given the current situation. The students have been awaiting a verdict on the NEET-UG for a long time and after numerous revisions in the date, NTA finally decided to conduct the exam on 12th September’21. The confirmation of the NEET-UG 2021 has been a piece of welcome news for the students. And now, NTA has even better news for the students.
Apart from the changes in regulations as enforced by the Govt.’s SOP, NTA has announced several changes to the NEET exam pattern for NEET-UG 2021. The changes enforced due to covid regulations are:
- Increasing the number of cities and the centres to avoid overcrowding and limit travelling restrictions.
- Safety regulations and rearranged seating arrangements for the students in the examination hall.
- Carrying Covid Negative Test Report at the entry to the centre.
- Specified and sectioned entry and exit timings for the students to prevent overcrowding.
Coming to the changes in the NEET exam pattern, the following changes are introduced to the NEET-UG 2021 by NTA:
- This year, NEET-UG 2021 will have two sections in each subject. Section A will have 35 questions and Section B will have 15 questions out of which the students will have to answer any 10. Therefore, the total number of questions and utilisation of time will remain unchanged and give more options to the students.
- There will be no change in the marking scheme, however. Students will be allotted 4 marks four correct answers and (-1) for incorrect answers.
- The candidates must pick and choose the correct answer or the best answer possible. However, after the answer key verification and amendment process, if more than one option is correct, then all the options or any one of the correct multiple options or the best options will be given 4 marks.
- Unattempted questions will not be given any marks. However, if a question is ignored after the validation of the answer key, 4 marks will be given irrespective of whether the question has been attempted or not.
For more details, visit: www.ntaneet.nic.in