Realise your Dreams of Studying MBBS in Philippines
If you wish to flourish your career in the field of medicine, the Philippines shall be a suitable place for you. The Philippines has a soothing environment that makes students choose this destination to study MBBS in Philippines. There are thousands of aspirants every year who travel to the Philippines for an MBBS Course. Their high standard of education system attracts students from all over the world. The duration of the course shall be 6 years. Students will have to complete four years of study and 1 year of internship training.
MBBS in Philippines is a combination of BS and MD. The medical universities in the Philippines possess super infrastructure, qualified faculties, and technology-equipped medical education. The education system in the Philippines, including MBBS, is globally acclaimed and similar to that of the USA. MBBS in Philippines is valid in several other major countries like the USA, Canada, etc. Now, realize your dream of studying MBBS in Philippines
How to study MBBS in Philippines?
Opting for an MBBS Study in the Philippines can open the doors of opportunities for the students. Here are a few of the steps that the students need to follow to get their admission done in the Philippines:
- For MBBS in Philippines the students have to study 2 different courses.
- The first course is known as a pre-medical course or BS. The duration of the pre-medical course is about 12-18 months, depending on the choice of the university
- Once the students get qualified with the pre-medical course, they shall be able to join MD but the students must appear for the NMAT entrance exam and get eligible before getting their admission done to the MD course
- Few universities allow you to join MD directly after the completion of a BS course, and not appear for the NMAT exam. But it is predicted that NMAT shall become mandatory in the future.
The course structure of MBBS in Philippines
MBBS is offered as MD in the Philippines, which is a combination of BS (Bachelors of Science) and MD ( Doctor of Medicine). The duration of the course is about 6 years along with the internship program of 1 year. The initial months pertain to the BS course and the rest of the degree focuses on medicine and clinical training. By the end of the fifth year, students are allowed to train at different health centers, hospitals, and various medical centers as they undergo clinical training and take part in a clinical rotation, working under the supervision of doctors and specialized medical professionals to train them
Why is MBBS in Philippines getting so popular?
Many of the Indian Students choose to study MBBS in Philippines as their next career destination. Here are a few points that make MBBS in Philippines so popular:
- The Philippines is one of the largest English-speaking countries in the world, thereby making communication very easy for Indian students.
- The mode of instruction is in English, making it easy for students to understand and they shall not have to learn a new language in addition to the course
- The Philippines is known to be an educational hub, students get to meet different people from different parts of the world
- The education system in the Philippines is influenced by the USA, as a result of this USMLE exam gets easier for the students
- The MD Course in the Philippines is similar to MBBS in India, thereby medical universities in the Philippines are recognized by the MCI and WHO
- It is reported that the NBE(National Board of Examination) conducts FMGE has the highest passing percentage from countries like the Philippines, Bangladesh, Russia etc
- No matter which college you choose to study MBBS in Philippines, there is no donation fee charged apart from the tuition fees.
- The MBBS course fee along with the accommodation charges is very much affordable in the Philippines
- As the MD course is based on the US system of education, it becomes quite easy to opt for post-graduation courses in other countries like the USA, Australia, the UK etc post the completion of MBBS in Philippines
- Just like India, the Philippines has a tropical climate. The disease pattern is very much similar to India. The students are trained and taught for the similar condition as that of India
- The faculties in the Philippines are majorly employed from countries like USA and India, their mode of communication will be in English.
List of Top Medical Colleges to Study MBBS in Philippines
There are a bunch of institutions that offer MBBS courses in the Philippines. The majority of medical institutions are approved by WHO and MCI. MBBS in the Philippines will expand your horizon as it helps you to practice medicine not only in the Philippines but also in India and other countries as well. Here are the top 10 MCI approved medical colleges in the Philippines:
- University of Santo Tomas
- Davao Medical School of Foundation
- The University of Perpetual Help DALTA
- AMA College of Medicine
- Our Lady of Fatima University
- Emilio Aguinaldo College
- Cebu Doctor’s Medical University
- Bicol Christian College of Medicin
- UV Gullas College of Medicine
- Cagayan State University
MBBS in Philippines - Eligibility
- Candidates who wish to pursue MBBS in Philippines must qualify for the NEET exam.
- Students must have secured a minimum of 50% of aggregate marks in science subjects like Physics, Chemistry, and Biology from a recognized board.
- Without qualifying for the NEET exam, students won't be able to appear for the MCI screening test and also won't be allowed to practice medicine in India.
- If the student wants to practice medicine in India, the students must practice medicine in India, it is a must even for admission to medical colleges in the Philippines for MBBS courses.
Things to know before you study MBBS in Philippines
While there are several aspects to add for the students preferring to do MBBS in Philippines, there are things that the students must know before applying to study MBBS in Philippines, below are some of the points to be considered for the above said:
- Few of the places in the Philippines are quite expensive for students, students must be aware of the location.
- It is very important to consider hygiene in hotels, be aware of the hotel you visit, as not all the hotels are hygienic. This may affect the health of the students.
- Philippines has frequent rainfall during the month of June-November.
- Since the Philippines is a tourist place, it has the popular culture of nightlife and pubs, this might harm the student's education
- Few universities may not have clinical training as a part of the curriculum and do thorough research regarding the university.
The Philippines country has the largest base in terms of patients. MBBS in Philippines is easy for Indian students in this region. The country people have extreme respect for Males and Females, also they provide extreme protection for women in the Philippines, which makes the habitat so safe and secure. While most of the people communicate in English, it is easier for the students during the clinical training to interact with the patients.
Philippines is a country that is emerging as the favorite destination to study MBBS. One of the main reasons to study MBBS in Philippines is because of its affordability to study. Besides this, they follow the US-based education system and that includes more practical exposure. The medical universities are recognized by esteemed organizations like WHO, ECFMG, WFME, and MCI. Post the completion of MBBS in Philippines, students will be able to practice medicine in any part of the world.
The medical universities in the Philippines are well known to have a great atmosphere for learning. They have state-of-the-art facilities that are monitored by the medical staff. Their curriculum which includes clinical rotation adds a super advantage for medical students. MBBS in Philippines comes with a package of advantages, but the option is left to the students. Hope this blog helps you to realize your dream of studying MBBS in Philippines.