What is the validity of NEET Results?
According to reports, there are more than 10 lakhs medical aspirants applying for NEET. It is estimated that about 16.1 lakh students have applied for NEET 2021. NEET 2021 was successfully conducted this year, NEET Results 2021 will be released soon.
The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is an entrance examination for admission in medical universities across the country. The entrance exam is popularly known as NEET, conducted by NTA. Let us look into the details of the validity of NEET Results.
What is the validity of the NEET Result?
Generally, the validity of the NEET Result for the process of admission in Indian medical colleges is one year, which is only for the present academic year. But MCI has made it official that the NEET Results shall be valid for up to three years, for the admission process in abroad countries might take time, regardless of the number of attempts in the NEET exam. However, the validity of NEET Results in India varies, the details are provided below:
NEET Validity in India
The validity of NEET results in India for admission in the Indian Medical colleges is only for one year, i.e. for the ongoing academic year. NEET exam is conducted every year in India, after the declaration of NEET results candidates get their admissions done into their preferred medical college.
- The validity of NEET results for the candidates applying for Indian Medical Colleges is one year only.
- The seat allotment and NEET counselling for MBBS or BDS seats will be done under the All India Quota-15%
- 85% of the seats will be covered by the state authorities through state-level counselling.
- Candidates clearing the cut-off for the respective college shall start applying for the admission process through counselling.
NEET Validity in Abroad countries
Based on a few reports, with more than 10 lakhs aspiring medical candidates, only 10,000 students get their admissions in abroad medical universities. The validity of the NEET Result for the MBBS in abroad countries is extended up to 3 years.
- While it takes quite a lot of time for the process of admission to foreign medical universities.
- The minimum time duration for the process of admission is about 7-12 months.
- Due to the prolonged duration of the admission process, the validity for NEET results for MBBS admission in abroad countries is 3 years.
- NEET is made mandatory to maintain the Indian standards in the field of medicine.
Valid NEET Result- Percentile score
The valid NEET result refers to the minimum score to be obtained by the candidate to qualify for NEET 2021.
- The percentile score of NEET is calculated by the candidate's position in comparison with other rank holders.
- The All India Rank is calculated by the absolute score obtained by the candidate.
The NEET qualifying percentile as per the counselling is provided in the table below:
|NEET Cut-off percentile
|NEET cut off score
How to get admission to Medical Colleges after NEET Results?
The eligible candidates shall participate in the counselling. Candidates must follow the procedure mentioned below:
- Firstly, register with the official website for admission
- Enter the required details
- Make the payment
- Post the payment, candidates can view the list of colleges on the screen
- Lock the choices, candidates are advised to fill the choices carefully.
- The seats shall be allotted based on the candidate's NEET Result, after which they must report to the college to complete the process of admission.
The Medical aspirants shall be shortlisted based on the NEET Result 2021. Candidates must meet the cut-off score to pass the NEET exam. While the students preferring Indian Medical Colleges will have one-year validity of NEET Result, whereas the medical aspirants wishing to study MBBS abroad have an extended period of three years. Students are requested to choose carefully after the announcement of NEET Result 2021.
Candidates are advised to check the NEET Results 2021 on the official website: http://neet.nta.nic.in