Advantages of Studying MBBS Abroad
Every year, there are lakhs of students aspiring to study medicine. While the quality and cost of medical education come as a constraint. Though students aspire to get admission in Government colleges, the lack of seats and cut-off marks becomes a barrier. The private colleges come as a second option which may cost more than 70 lakhs, and the option gets ruled out because of the budget. But there is always a third option, which is a boon to the medical aspirants,i.e to study MBBS abroad.
Studying MBBS Abroad has transformed in the past few years. As per the survey, 7,50,000 students are travelling abroad to study medicine. The trend has grown vastly in the present and the future. While there may be enough reasons for students preferring to study MBBS abroad.
Limitation of Studying MBBS in India
To study MBBS abroad may be the dream of many students in India. In India, we have come across situations where parents and teachers influence children to pursue medicine. It becomes a dream for the students from childhood, but the reality is that it gets difficult for the students in India to study MBBS because of the following reasons:
- Every year, about 15,00,000 students are applying for the NEET exam, for an overall seat availability of 77,000-80,000.
- The total number of seats available in government colleges is 41,388 and that of private colleges is 35,928.
- The government medical colleges have minimum seats and the caption fee of private colleges exceeds 70 lakhs which is difficult for middle-class families to afford.
With all these limitations, students fail to achieve their life goals, that is when they choose to study MBBS abroad. Now, Let’s begin with the Advantages of Studying Medicine abroad.
Advantages of Studying MBBS Abroad
- Universities that provide Top-class education
Many Universities are approved by MCI to study MBBS abroad. There shall be a similar sort of syllabus covered in India by the Top Universities abroad. They provide safety and security to the Indian students so that they feel at home on the campus.
- Medium Of Language
In India, all the instructions are given in English and other regional languages. While English is the primary language, medium of instruction, and communication, it becomes easier for Indian students as they don't have to spend time learning a new language.
- For the Better Return on Investment
The cost to study MBBS abroad is comparatively low when compared to private college capitation fees. Also, post the completion of practice, students are allowed to continue to practice in the country. This is a great opportunity to get a better return on investment.
- With more medical seats available
With the limited number of seats available in India and the capitation fee in private colleges, it is convenient for the students to study MBBS abroad at low cost. Though the cost of education is low, they offer high-quality education to their students who wish to study MBBS in abroad.
- Scholarship aid
To increase the inflow of students studying MBBS abroad, the universities offer several scholarships and much other financial aid to encourage them to study MBBS abroad. Thereby making it beneficial for students.
Why Study MBBS Abroad
Due to the competition of fewer seats available in India, students tend to quit their dreams of pursuing medicine. But there is always a better option to study MBBS abroad at a low cost. It is the ray of hope for the students who desire to achieve their goals of studying MBBS. Here, are the few points that add benefits of why study MBBS abroad:
- Foreign Medical Colleges have a modern infrastructure with the latest medical technology, modern equipped laboratories.
- Compared to fees in private colleges it is beneficial for Indian students to study MBBS in abroad at a low cost
- The colleges/Universities are approved by NMC (National Medical Commission).
- Students get recognized internationally while they return to India, as they get to work on the International procedure and have high exposure.
- Since the admission for studying MBBS in abroad is considered based on the NEET-UG score, they do not have to write separate exams.
- They get better yield and better returns by studying MBBS abroad.
- Students preferring to study MBBS in abroad build their overall personality and gain more confidence.
MBBS in abroad for Indian students
MBBS is one of the most popular professions people tend to choose. The journey starts when you complete your MBBS course. Studying MBBS abroad comes as a boon to students who have scored minimal in the NEET-UG exam. The Top destination to study MBBS abroad for Indian Students in the Philippines, China, Nepal, the Caribbean, Ukraine, Russia, Kyrgyzstan, Poland, and Germany.
MBBS in Abroad for Indian Students at low cost
The Philippines is one of the best countries, known for its best education across Asia. It is the most convenient place for Indian students who decide to study medicine abroad. They have a literacy rate of about 90%, as education is one of the primary concerns in the country.
Let’s have a look into the Eligibility Criteria, course Duration, and Fee Structure to study MBBS in the Philippines.
|Candidates must have 50% aggregate in PCB subjects
|Duration of the Course
|Premedical + MD
|Hostel, Food, safe and secure environment for students
|Medium of Language
|Current number of Indian Students
|More than 5000
|INR 15,000-20,000 Per month
One of the top Medical Colleges in the Philippines, that is best for Indian students is Davao Medical School Foundation (DMSF). Here is a brief detail about the college.
Davao Medical School Foundation (DMSF)
With the lack of doctors to serve the rural communities and urban centres in Mindanao city, Davao Medical School Foundation was established in 1976. The passing rate in the Physicians Licensure Exam (PLE) is 99% and that of the Foreign Medical Graduate Examination (FMGE) making it the most successful college to study MBBS in abroad.
The college offers the most affordable fee for Indian students.DMSF is recognized by MCI and WHO. The campus is well equipped with updated technology like digital classrooms,3D Anatomy Dissection Center, and state-of-the-art laboratories. They provide a safe and secure campus for the students with 24/7 surveillance. Here are the details of DMSF.
|Total Number Of Seats
|Hostel within the campus
|50% aggregate in PCB subjects
|INR 16,000-20,000 (monthly)
Benefits of Studying MBBS at DMSF
- There shall be no donation required for the process of admission
- The college fees are low when compared to private colleges in India
- Well experienced faculties to guide the students
- Fully furnished hostel accommodation
- Wifi facility available for 24/7
- The campus is safe and secure for Indian students
- The medium of instruction is English
- The hostel provides nutritious food for the students.
- They assist with bank loans for students from India.
- They have modern libraries and sports facilities enabled within the campus.
To know more visit the DMSF website http://www.dmsf.ph
How to get scholarship to study abroad MBBS
The scholarship is more like a bonus for the student's achievement. Several countries provide great scholarship offers to Indian students based on various parameters. While most of the scholarships were offered to PhD and Master programs, but lately undergraduates are being offered the scholarships.
Scholarships are categorized based on several types, they are:
- Merit-Based Scholarship:The scholarship is based on the academics score of the students or marks obtained from qualifying exams.
- Specified Subjects: Certain universities provides a scholarship for a certain field of study
- Based on needs: This is primarily available for the students who come from a low economic background.
- Based on Sports: This is for students that are quite active in sports activities and represent them through the specified universities.
- Based on Designation: While this may depend on the individual's country, there are certain scholarships for students belonging to particular countries.
List of scholarship in various countries
- Nellie Kellog Van Schaick Scholarship program- DMSF, Philippines
- Tata Scholarship-Cornell University, USA
- Chevening Scholarship-UK
- Melbourne Scholarship- India PG scholarship, Australia
- Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation Scholarship-Available in Europe, UK, and the USA
Advantages Of Studying MBBS Abroad
Students that are capable of scoring high merit, and securing a seat in Government Medical College, do not have to study MBBS abroad. But, rather than seeking a seat in private medical colleges in India, it is better to study MBBS abroad.
While countries like the Philippines, Russia, Germany, Ukraine, and Kyrgyzstan provide medical education at affordable cost. Students can prefer to study MBBS abroad at a low cost in these countries, also the top colleges in these countries are recognized by MCI.
Also, these colleges provide flexibility to practice medicine in your respective country. Always remember to take the decision wisely based on your priority.