Is NEET mandatory to study MBBS abroad 2023?
The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is an examination administered by the National Testing Agency (NTA) for admission to undergraduate medical programs in India. It is a compulsory requirement for pursuing MBBS in India, but not necessarily for studying medicine in foreign countries, unless you intend to practice medicine in India.
How to Pursue MBBS without NEET in abroad countries?
NEET, which stands for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test, is a standardized examination designed to assess the eligibility and qualifications of Indian students seeking to pursue undergraduate medical studies either within the country or abroad. The introduction of NEET has brought several benefits, including the elimination of the need for students to sit multiple exams, providing equal opportunities for all candidates, and giving deserving students the confidence to secure their seats in medical programs.
However, preparing for the NEET exam can be a daunting and exhausting process, with students dedicating months or even years to studying for it. While many universities abroad that offer MBBS programs accept NEET scores, there are a few countries where students can pursue MBBS without having to take the NEET exam.
A Guide on How to Apply
If you are considering pursuing MBBS abroad without taking the NEET exam, here is a guide on how to apply:
- Research and identify the top universities abroad that offer MBBS programs.
- Categorize the universities based on their admission policies regarding NEET. Some universities may offer direct admission without requiring NEET scores, while others may have alternative requirements or entrance exams.
- Review the entry requirements of the selected universities to ensure that you meet all the criteria for admission. If the university requires alternative tests or entrance exams in place of NEET, make sure you are aware of these requirements.
- Begin the application process for your chosen universities, ensuring that you provide all necessary documents and meet all deadlines.
- Once you receive an acceptance letter, apply for a student visa and prepare for your journey to pursue MBBS studies abroad.
Which is the best place to pursue MBBS?
Have you ever heard of the MBBS program in the Philippines? Many students nowadays choose to study MBBS in the Philippines as it has become a popular destination. Most of the medical colleges in the Philippines do not require NEET scores, making it an attractive option for aspiring medical students. Davao Medical School Foundation (DMSF) is widely regarded as the top medical school in the Philippines. Davao Medical School Foundation (DMSF) is an ideal option for Indian students looking to pursue MBBS abroad as they do not require NEET cut-off marks for admission.