MBBS in Philippines for Indian Students
The Philippines is a popular destination for Indian students to study abroad. Most medical universities follow the US education system, which prepares students for exams such as the USMLE and FMGE. The medical degree from the Philippines is recognized worldwide and the country is known for its welcoming and hospitable people. The Philippines is also a safe country with affordable accommodations for students. MBBS in Philippines is an excellent option for Indian students due to its reasonable MBBS fees and various advantages over other countries when it comes to MBBS course fees.
About The Philippines
The Philippines is an archipelago of over 7,000 islands in Southeast Asia, located in the western Pacific Ocean. It is known for its stunning beaches, lush tropical landscapes, and diverse culture. The country has a rich history influenced by Spanish, American, and Asian cultures, which is reflected in its architecture, cuisine, and festivals.
The Philippines is a popular destination for international students seeking to pursue an MBBS degree due to its affordable MBBS course fees. Compared to private medical colleges in India, Philippines MBBS fees are relatively low, making it an attractive option for students with financial constraints.
In addition to the low MBBS fee, studying there also provides several other advantages, such as a high standard of education, a globally recognized medical degree and the opportunity to gain exposure to diverse cultures.
Advantages of studying MBBS in Philippines
Here are the advantages of studying MBBS in Philippines:
- English is widely spoken, making it easier for students to communicate with patients during internships.
- The medical education system is based on the U.S. education system.
- The mode of teaching in all medical colleges is in English, so there is no need to learn another language.
- There is no need to take TOEFL or IELTS tests for admission.
- The weather is similar to India's, so students can study diseases common to the Indian environment.
- Medical degrees from Philippine universities are recognized worldwide by the World Health Organization and India's Medical Council.
- There is no donation or capitation fee required to study medicine, which can save up to 70% compared to private medical universities in India.
- Philippines MBBS Fees is low when compared with India and other countries.
About 10,000 international students come to study MBBS in Philippines every year.
Course Fees of MBBS in Philippines
MBBS in Philippines fees varies depending on the university. Living expenses, including hostel and mess charges, can vary from student to student and from city to city, averaging around 15,000 rupees per month. In total, expenses can range from 25 to 35 lakh rupees, which is approximately half of what one would pay at a private medical school in India.
Food and Accommodation
Many medical universities in the Philippines, including Davao Medical School Foundation provide accommodation and food facilities for international students. They understand that students from different countries have different dietary preferences and therefore provide a variety of options, including Indian food. The accommodations provided are safe, comfortable and affordable. They also have 24/7 security to ensure the safety of the students. The medical colleges in the Philippines take good care of their international students and make them feel at home.
Cost of living
Apart from the MBBS in Philippines fee for tuition, the cost of living in the Philippines is comparatively low when we compare it with other countries. This means that students can enjoy a comfortable lifestyle without having to spend a lot of money.
MBBS in Philippines: Admission Procedure
To apply for MBBS in Philippines, follow these admission steps:
- Complete the college admission application form.
- Submit photocopies of your passport and HSC mark sheet to apply for a Letter of Permission for Admission.
- Receive a confirmation greeting letter from the medical college.
- Apply for a Philippines visa with all required documents.
- Attend a personal visa interview at the Philippines Embassy with the greeting letter and other necessary documents for visa approval.
You can approach a good consultancy for the guidance.
To be eligible for studying MBBS in Philippines, students must meet the following criteria:
- Score a minimum of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology in 10+2
- For students in the OBC/SC/ST reservation category, a minimum of 40% marks is sufficient.
- Meet the qualifying score in the NEET examination.
Scholarship options for MBBS in Philippines are limited and offered on a merit basis since the tuition fees are already affordable.
Top Medical Schools in the Philippines
The Philippines is home to several renowned colleges for MBBS such as Davao Medical School Foundation (DMSF) and UV Gullas College of Medicine. DMSF is known for its quality education and for the affordable course fees for MBBS in Philippines. The Philippines is known for its affordable MBBS course fees where Indian students can trust and join to study MBBS in Philippines.