Number of semesters to study MBBS in Philippines
Medical education is quite tougher compared to other fields of education. It is the most popular degree designated for medical professionals. While there are lakhs of medical aspirants in India, and the seats available are in thousands. The limited number of seats and the cost of education is such a big constraint to the students. In such circumstances, students wish to pursue medicine abroad. One of the countries that offer education at an affordable price is thethe Philippines, and it is more convenient to study MBBS in the Philippines for Indian students.
There are several other top universities located around the world that offer medical education at an affordable cost. The top countries that provide quality medical education are Philippines, China, Russia, Ukraine, and Germany. Nowadays, students prefer to study MBBS abroad due to its affordability.
Why Study MBBS in Philippines?
The Philippines has a literacy rate of 90%, which also defines their educational quality. They have a strong foundation for medical universities all around the country, among which 40 colleges are MCI approved, also accredited by MCI, WHO, CHED, FAIMER, PAASCU, and many more.
Here are the benefits of Indians wishing to study MBBS in Philippines:
- Global accreditation Universities: With each day passing there shall be the introduction of new technologies. The top universities in Philippines have updated medical technology in their teachings. This helps students to familiarize themselves with the latest updates.
- MCI and WHO-approved Medical colleges: About 40 medical universities in the Philippines are approved by MCI and WHO. The Philippines is one of the best destinations to study MBBS, as they have the highest pass percentage in the MCI screening.
- English Speaking Country: They are one of the largest English-speaking countries in the world, as of which the medium of instruction for MBBS students is provided in English. This makes it convenient for students from India, as they do not have to learn a new language.
- Tropical Climate: The climate condition is similar to that of India, this comes as a great advantage for Indian students.
- Affordable Education Cost: The cost of education is much lower when compared to the private college fee structure.
- Disease Spectrum: The advantage of having a similar pattern of disease, aids Indian students. Also, students get to deal with the issue and it gets easier for them to practice in India.
- US Curriculum: Medical colleges in Philippines, helps the students to continue working in America, it even helps the students pursuing higher education. The colleges are recognized by USMLE.
- Infrastructure: Indian students who prefer to study MBBS in Philippines will come across great infrastructure compared to that in India. The medical colleges in Philippines have good study environments for the students.
- Latest technology: Students who have opted to study MBBS in Philippines will have great exposure to the latest technology in the field of medical science.
Study MBBS in Philippines- Eligibility, Duration of the course, and fee structure
Philippines is one of the leading countries in the world for offering quality education. The medical colleges have a similar curriculum to that of the USA. While the colleges have good infrastructure and provide a safe environment to their students. The medical colleges in Philippines have world-class faculties and provide education for Indian students to study MBBS in the Philippines at an affordable cost.
|Name of the course
|MBBS (BS and MD)
|50% of aggregate in PCB to study MBBS in Philippines
|INR 2,50,000-5,00,000 (approx) per year
|Facilities for Foreign Students
|Indian Food, Hostel, and Wifi facility
|Medium of Instruction
|MCI, WHO, FAIMER, CHED, USMLE
|MCI approved medical colleges
|40 and above
|No of Indian Students(Present)
|More than 5000
|Philippines Peso (PHP)
Let's have a brief discussion regarding the course pattern, Eligibility, and fee structure of one of the Top Medical Colleges in Philippines.
Davao Medical School Foundation (DMSF)
Davao Medical School Foundation(DMSF) is one of the Top Medical colleges in Philippines that was established in 1976. The medical school is located within the campus of about 2.5 hectares of the site. They have accreditation from MCI, ECFMG, CHED, and WHO.
|Duration of the course
|BS (Bachelors in Science/Pre-Medical Course)
4 years in total with 8 semesters
1st year - 2 semesters
2nd year - 2 semesters
3rd year - 2 semesters
4th year - 2 semesters
Students should have passed the 12th standard with 50% of aggregate marks in PCB subjects. Also, students should have cleared the NEET examination conducted by NTA.
- Previous Academic certificates
- Mark sheets
- Transfer Certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Birth Certificate
|DMSF FEE ( USD)
|DMSF FEE (INR)
Benefits of studying MBBS in DMSF
- Affordable cost of Education
- World-class Infrastructure facility within the campus
- DMSF provides individual care to its students
- They have a high passing percentage in the screening test conducted by MCI
- They have the latest technology used for medical education
- There is no donation taken for the admission
There are thousands of students flying from India to study MBBS in Philippines. The Medical colleges in Philippines provide a secure environment for their students. They have set their standards high in terms of providing quality education. Studying MBBS in Philippines provides great opportunities for the students' exposure to the field of medicine. They ensure to provide the ultimate services to their students at an affordable cost when compared to the private colleges in India.
Studying MBBS at DMSF has its benefits for Indian students. Also, DMSF maintains a student-friendly curriculum, Students become doctors within 5 years with just 10 semesters. At DMSF, Students achieve their dream of becoming doctors.